What is the Parent-Directed Program?
The Parent-Directed Program (PDP) is a one-of-a-kind service for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, who live with a family member or in their own home, and would like to take a more active role in directing services. Our Parent-Directed Program offers freedom and empowerment to individuals and families by giving them the authority to:
- Recruit and handpick your own direct service and support staff to recommend for hire by our agency.
- Direct the scheduling of staff at your home, allowing for a great deal of flexibility as support and service needs change.
- Choose a competitive pay rate based on a set scale from Boundless.
- Enjoy increased staff retention and greater quality and continuity of care.
What makes Boundless stand out?
Our agency works with families and the individual to:
- Monitor compliance for the services and supports provided.
- Provide training and support to our employees and families.
- Offer resources to family’s needs.
- Attend team meetings at the family’s request to offer our support and expertise when challenges arise with their loved one care.
- We DO NOT recruit caregivers.
How can I learn more?
- Visit the Facebook group for PDP Family Members. This group is intended to provide a safe space for families of people being served through PDP, where they may connect and share resource information, experiences, and recommendations. Please note, Boundless does not administer this group.
- To become part of PDP, contact your county board SSA and select PDP as your waiver provider. PDP currently operates in Franklin, Delaware, Licking, Montgomery, Hocking, Holmes, and Perry Counties. If you do not reside in one of these counties, you may still be eligible to part of PDP and should contact Angie Cichon, director of family living.
- For more information about Boundless and our Parent-Directed Program, contact Angie Cichon.