What are respite services?
Respite services provide relief to regular caregivers by offering short- to medium-term care for adults or children with developmental disabilities. I Am Boundless offers respite services to eligible Franklin County families who have adults or children with intellectual and developmental disabilities or behavioral health challenges living in their home.
What kind of respite services are available?
- In-Home services provides a trained Boundless service provider working in the family home
- Out-of-Home Respite services for children and adults can vary from two hours to a maximum of two weeks. Our services are provided in one of three 4-person condos. Individuals have private bedrooms for their overnight stays. Staff supervise individuals 24/7 and provide recreation and social activities, medical support, community integration, and transportation.
- Before School services provide recreation activities and social interactions before the school day starts at 1 location in Franklin Count
- After School services provide recreation activities and social interaction after school at 2 locations in Franklin County
- Emergency Care services provides a short-term housing solution for adult individuals with developmental disabilities who are displaced from their home or need services on an emergency basis. For a referral, contact the Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities directly at (614)464-2743.
How can I get access to respite services?
To use our respite services, individuals must be eligible and enrolled in the Boundless Family Support Program. After this application has been accepted, families may request specific services and be referred for enrollment. Some of these services have minimal fees based on family income.